#dalpakwan #taco #dalpakwantaco
After suffering from fever, hubby dear is having metallic taste in mouth. Also having lost his appetite,he is least interested in having dal chawal, roti sabji.
As he loves chatpati items, i planned to make dal pakwan for him. Just to present it in a different form, i made it taco style.
Again the tacos or pakwan in taco form are from whole wheat flour. These are half baked and then fried. Baking part is done just to give them the shape of taco.
In case you are not in for taco or baking part you can easily make it traditional pakwan style and deep fry in oil.
Dal Pakwan Tacos
- For Pakwan/ Taco:-
- 2 cups approx. Whole Wheat Flour/Aata
- 2 tbsp suji or semonila
- 2-3 tbsp butter or oil/ Ghee
- 1/8 tsp ajwain
- 1/8 tsp jeera
- 1/8 tsp salt
- a pinch of garam masala
- For Chana dal :-
- one bowl of chana dal
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 grated tomato i could not help but add tomato ..although this is optional
- 2 green chillies
- 1/4 tsp jeera
- a pinch of hing
- 1/8 tsp haldi
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp amchur
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- red chilli powder to taste
- In a bowl, take aata , suji, spices, mix well
- add butter or oil and make a crumby mix resembling bread crumbs.
- now gradually add water and form a tight dough and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Make small balls of the dough, roll out like chapati, try making it thin. Prick with fork.
- For traditional round pakwan,fry the pakwan in hot oil till crispy , brown on both sides.
- To make pakwan tacos, preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Brush little bit of butter or ghee on one side of pakwan.
- Now place this on oven tray as shown in the picture.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Let cool a bit and keep on a plate.
- Heat oil, when it is medium hot, fry these taco pakwan for 3 to 4 minutes from all sides till these are crisp.
- Method of preparing dal:
- Soak dal in warm water for 30 to
- Pressure cook dal with a pinch of haldi and salt till one whistle and then simmer and cook for 5 min. Dal should be’ just cooked’.
- in a wok, take ghee/oil, add chillies, hing , jeera
- once it crackles, add chopped onions and cook till translucent and then add grated tomato
- cook for 5 min
- add all the spices and seasoning
- mix well
- add one tsp water and mix
- add this masala, tadka in the dal
- adjust consistency as the the dal should be on thicker side
- simmer for five min
- take out dal in a serving bowl, garnish with chopped onion, coriander leaves, mithi (imli gudchutney.
- For assembling dal pakwan taco, pour dal into the taco using small spoon
- Add chopped tomatoes, onions
- pour mithi chutney on it
- sprinkle masala on top that is chat masala, bhunna jeera powder, red chilli powder, black salt and sev on top .