These gorgeous cookies were on my mind ever since i saw unibic choco nut cookies advertisement on TV. Since i was busy chasing my other passion which is training people , i was not able to find time for trying these out.
The method of baking these is quite simple and ingredients are also easily available in the kitchen pantry. However, the taste and texture is rich and very much like a store bought one.
Finally after a motivating message from a friend on my recipes, i was determined to find time for my baking passion.
The cookies are crunchy but not hard( i hope you get this) as they still have some element of fudgy-ness in them.
I baked 9 big size cookies with the recipe. You can easily double the recipe and bake more cookies.
Whole wheat Double Chocolate nuts cookies
- 1/2 cup Plus 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 55 grams butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut desiccated
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk or plain milk(dairy)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup caster sugar or powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp yogurt or dahi
- 1/4 cup chocochips plus more for sprinkling on top
- 8 number cashews chopped
- Take flour,cocoa powder, baking soda ,baking powder,salt and sieve in a bowl. This is our dry ingredients.
- In a another bowl, whisk butter and sugar , jaggery powder till fluffy.
- Now add milk and/ or coconut milk , yogurt and whisk. Add vanilla extract. Be careful while mixing , the wet mixture should not curdle
- Now add dry ingredients in batches of three to the wet ingredients.
- Add chocochips and mix in the dough.
- Bring it together and form dough.
- The dough will be bit sticky but not too sticky. It should not stick to your hands. If you find it too wet then add about a tsp or more of flour.
- Take an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon and scoop a portion of dough on the baking tray. Leave sufficient space in between the cookies. The cookies will spread on baking.
- Place choco chips and cashew nuts on top of cookies
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 degree for 20 minutes.