Cafe Coffee Day style Honey Oats Cookies sans refined flour and additives
Honey oats cookies is all time favourite my darling princess. I have been trying to replicate these at home by trying various recipes but never got perfect outcome.
Sometimes they turned out chewy , sometime these lacked flavour. the mistake i was making it using only honey as a sweetener that increased the moisture content and was making it chewy.
The recipe shared below is loved by all my family member . And i have made this many times so it quite fool proof. Plus it is perfectlycrispy, caramely and comes together in just 15 minutes.
Another plus is , it needs
No maida or refined flour
- 75 grams butter roughly 3/8 cup butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3/8 cup minus 2 tsp caster sugar or powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup multigrain or regular flour /aata
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl , add flour , coconut , sugar. Mix well and keep aside.
- In another vessel, take butter (if using homemade butter then reduce the quantity by 1 tsp as it has more moisture content).Add honey to it and cook on a medium flame while stirring continuously. When the butter if fully melted,add baking soda and mix nicely and remove from fire.
- Pour this hot butter mix straight into the bowl of dry ingredients and add oats. Mix everything together and start making small balls of the prepared dough.
- Place on a oven tray and press the balls gently. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 min at 180 degree.