Bread Sandwich Cake
Looking for a snack apt for the hot summery days or an easy make ahead appetizer for the party! Look no more. This sandwich cake is the perfect thing to awe your guests!
- 8 slices White Bread
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 cucumber finely chopped
- 3 tsp Icing /Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Chinese five spice powder optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tomato(deseeded) chopped or sliced
- 1/2 mango diced or sliced
- Take a loaf tin. Place a cling film at the bottom and sides of the pan. Or take a tray and place cling film on it.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices with the help of a knife.
- Place 3 bread slices on the tray or loaf tin that we had prepared earlier
- In a bowl, take 1 tsp mayonnaise, add 1/8 tsp basil, 1/8 tsp salt and mix well. Spread this mix on the bread slices and top with shredded carrot and onion. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on top.
- Take 3 more bread slices and spread thin layer of the mayo dressing and place on top of the carrot-onion filling. Dressed side of bread should sandwich the layered veggies. Press gently
- In another bowl, add 2 tbsp of hung curd, a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp powdered/icing sugar and mix well. Spread this hung curd dressing on the top side of the 3 bread slices we sandwich in our previous step . Top it with the mango slices or diced mangoes.
- Take 3 more brad slices , spread a very thin layer of the hung curd dressing and place on top of the mango layer and press gently.
- In a bowl, take 1 tsp tomato ketchup, 1 tsp mayonnaise and 1 tsp hung curd, thyme, salt and give a good mix. on the top side of the bread slices we placed earlier, spread this ketchup mayo curd dressing well . Top it with tomatoes and cucumber . Sprinkle garlic powder, salt , black pepper on top. Sandwich this layer by taking 3 more bread slices and by applying this layer of mayo ketchup curd dressing on it.
- Place this loaf in a fridge to firm up for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, in a big bowl, add the remaining hung curd, 2 tsp icing sugar, garlic powder, salt, thyme or any other herbs of your choice like dried mint or parsley or rosemery etc. Add 1/2 tsp of mayonnaise to this and whisk it well.
- Take out the refrigerated loaf and spread an even layer of the curd dressing we made in the earlier step using spatula/ spoon or palette knife. Cover all the sides of the loaf and smoothen out the dressing.
- Decorate the loaf with carrots. olives, mango slices and cover the sides with spring onions. Sprinkle dried rose petals or any other edible flower on top.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours. When ready to serve cut the loaf into slices.