My family loves eating Cookies and i love baking cookies for them . My daughter especially likes to take these in her school lunch box. I have tried lots of cookies till date.
Once fine day it occurred to me that i have still not tried the Classic Choco Chip Cookie. So thought of baking these on a weekend. I made 6 giant size ccokies and rest i made normal cookie size. As i generally bake with healthy ingredients, i have not used any refined flour in this cookie as well.
- 1 cup 1/2 cup and 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 110 grams butter add a tbsp more if dough is dry as it depends on the quality of flour used
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp milkmaid or plain milk
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder or brown sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp yogurt or dahi
- Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocochips plus more for sprinkling on top
- Take flour, baking soda ,salt and sieve in a bowl. This is our dry ingredients.
- In a another bowl, whisk butter and sugar , jaggery powder till fluffy.
- Now add milk and/ or milkmaid , yogurt and whisk. Add vanilla extract. Be careful while mixing , the wet mixture should not cuddle
- Now add dry ingredients in batches of three to the wet ingredients.
- Add a tbsp of milk if dough looks dry.
- Add chocochips and mix in the dough.
- Bring it together and form dough.
- Take an ice cream scoop and scoop a portion of dough on the baking tray. Leave sufficient space in between the cookie.s.
- Sprinkle coho chips on top of cookies
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 degree for 20 minutes.